Thursday, December 13, 2012

sunrise, cap martin

I am editing through all the images of Le Corbusier's Cabanon in Roquebrune sur Mer, France today. When I shot the cabin, it was the height of the August holiday in France. I will admit I was a bit frustrated at the time because everyone was in vacation mode and I was just gearing up to get into full on work mode (this was my first shoot of the trip). The best light at the cabin was in the morning so I woke before sunrise. I am not a super early bird, but sunrise shoots always bestow the gift of seeing the sunrise - a fact I find easy to forget when I am trying to rouse myself out of bed. But that day, I walked to my balcony (I was staying in Cap Martin) and this is what I saw. It was so quiet I could hear the water lapping on the shore. It was the start to one of the most important shoots that I did on my trip. Heavenly...

No comments:

Post a Comment