Monday, February 7, 2011

handcrafted modern/outtakes/eames


This is one of those pictures at the Eames house that I shot for myself. I was wondering what the story was with these two wood poles (they look like old telephone poles) that are outside on the patio. Lucia, the Eamses granddaughter, told me they are actually a couple of the old pylons from the original Santa Monica Pier. They were getting rid of them, and Charles and Ray grabbed a couple and they have been in the garden ever since.

2 comments:

  1. Charles and Ray loved that old Santa Monica pier, there is a mural of it in the studio building wall leading up to the mezzanine floor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought your book in Paris and I'm excited. Very beautiful pictures and you can really feel that it was photographed on film.
    Was actually suprised that the houses are not so clean, like the furniture shown mostly in interior magazines. I like that-it's alive and not clean dead.

    ReplyDelete